Sunday, January 29, 2012

Shabby Chic Studio Makeover


 So...we moved to Eastern MA in June and my craft room/studio became my "crap room" for awhile.  I am sure some of you can relate.   It was filled with thread, fabric, boxes and trash.  It was quite embarrassing when my Mother In Law came out to visit and she commented on the room and said "Let's go clean it up."  God love her!  She was so sweet to walk into the abyss of my room and start cleaning it.  That led to me wanting to make my new studio as cute and functional, if not cuter, than my one in Savannah.  It is a work in progress.  I will share with you some of the things I have added to it thus far.  I would love for your suggestions or pictures on your studio that you may want to share in regards to style, or organization or any other tips you have that you have used on your craft room/studio.  You can email me at lillollipops@gmail.com and send me photos of your spaces and I will share them here on the blog.  Let's help each other out!  Also, if your studio is a crap room...send your picture and I can maybe give you some advice as well as our readers here on the blog!  Here are some of my room additions that I love and it adds to my shabby chic vibe.  I will update you more later as the room comes along.

This is a shabby chic mirror I found at Hobby Lobby and a key with a Paris sign I also found there.  I put a picture of me and my husband...for inspiration :)  and a dress that inspires me.  It is important to have inspiration you can see in your studio.











This is a great shabby chic clock I found on Etsy.  This seller makes great clocks out of vintage plates.  VERY shabby chic!  http://www.etsy.com/shop/makingtimetc
 This is a great vintage stained glass window that I have on the wall, but am going to move it to hang in my window.


These are two cute lil doors I found in a vintage shop.  They were painted black on one side and white on the other.  On the black side I painted them light pink and sanded them down to look shabby.  I had my husband attach two hinges to them. I hammered some nails into them and hung these cute lil knobs and hooks to hang things from.  I found the knobs at Hobby Lobby and the cute hooks from this great shabby chic Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShabbieChicHome.   This is a great element in the room and I can take it to any shows I do and they display my work great.



This is also a find from Etsy.  The lady I bought them from made them custom for me.  She shabbied the edges, but you can't see it much in the photo. Check out her shop...she does cute things! http://www.etsy.com/shop/MemoryBeanDesigns  If her shop is vacation, which I think it is at this moment, click on the shop and then on sales to see other things she has made and sold.
This is the cutest worn down table I found at a flea market.  I sanded it, painted it pink, sanded it again to shabby it up and then the front flower is a furniture applique I found from a shop on Ebay for a few bucks.  I just hot glued it on.  I know, it is a small computer table, but it is really cute.  Maybe if I find a bigger shabby desk, this will be used for something else in my space.

No comments:

Post a Comment